Other Clinical Careers
We are always interested in hearing from experienced dental clinical professionals interested in a great career at a top dental practice. If there is not a specific opening at our practice (specific openings can be found under Career Opportunities at This Practice) there may well be something available for you at one of our other affiliates in the Hudson Valley.
Dental Hygienists provide direct patient oral care, such as hand-scaling and regular cleanings on patients’ teeth. Hygienists also provide patients with information to assist them with developing and maintaining good oral health.
Qualifications for the position of Dental Hygienist include:
- High school diploma (or higher) and training by an accredited Dental Hygiene program
- New York State dental hygiene license
- Up-to-date on continuing education requirements
- Certified and up-to-date on Cardio-Pulmonary-Resuscitation (CPR) training
Dental Assistants provide chair-side assistance to the dentist and care and comfort to the patient. Dental Assistants can be either Unlicensed or Licensed by the State of New York. Licensed Dental Assistants are permitted to perform more functions than Unlicensed Dental Assistants.
Qualifications for the position of Dental Assistant include:
- High School Diploma; previous dental assisting experience preferred.
- If licensed: certification from an accredited Dental Assistant training program and completion of all state licensing requirements
Other clinical career opportunities at this practice can be found here.